Construction documents are comprehensive drawings providing sequential data regarding each step of the construction process. They provide relevant information regarding the construction process to all involved such as builders, contractors etc.
Where does it occur in the Architectural design process?
Construction Documentation phase forms the Third Step of the architectural design process. After the conceptual design is reviewed and approved by the client, the design development stage starts, which involves -
- Sketches, drawings and study models, preparation of computer aided designs and 3D CAD architectural designs to help evaluate the ideas and concepts. These set the final direction for refining the design.
- Manual drawings or CAD preparations are created that describe some of the important technical details
- Detailing of plans, elevations drawings and sectional detail drawings of the building are developed.
Construction documentation sets are created to communicate the design intent and specifications to contractors, design professionals, engineers, manufacturers and suppliers. Increase your return of investment by outsourcing construction documentation services and drawing specifications.
Why outsource the CD phase?The BluEnt Methodology
With vast experience on our side, BluEnt can automate, streamline and organize your entire construction documentation process. Armed with intelligently designed CAD tools created by licensed architects and builders to solve real world productivity problems, BluEnt provides construction documentation services to its client in the following ways:
- Following the design development phase, the client provides the drawings (plans, elevations & sections) wherein we coordinate with different services and check for discrepancies in drawings, if any. Following which we make relevant corrections after intimating the client.
- Side by side BluEnt’s code experts start checking code requirements in terms of fire & life safety issues (like travel distances, exit requirements, fire rating, suite sizes, smoke zones, occupancy separation etc) in base plans as per guidelines provided by client.
- On completion of planning, we start working on drawings of elevation, sections and wall sections, dimensioning, tagging and calculating the number of detail drawings which are relevant for the project. BluEnt is expert and familiar with different wall, roof assemblies relevant to the different regions of the US.
- After completing plans, elevation & sections, we start developing details of critical construction area as per the basic sketch provided by our client.
- Finally we callout the detail tags in plans, elevation & sections
- The drawings are then subjected to a Three Stage Quality check to ensure maximum quality and accuracy.
Shades of BluEnt:Our Global Architectural Services include –
- Construction Documentation
- Design Development
- Development of Plans
- Elevations, Section and
- Views from sketch designs.
- Schematic Drawing
- Conceptualization of the project as per client´s
- brief and requirements.
Documents Required:Based on a specific project, we may require one or many of the following documents to get started.
- Site Plan Elevations
- Cross Section Details
- Floor Plan
- Electrical Plan
- Foundation Plan
- Architectural Plan
- Engineering Calculations
- Electrical Load Calculations
- Plumbing Fixture Count
- Septic or Sewer System Permit
- Electrical Panel Schedule
- Electrical Service Diagram
Benefits of Outsourcing Construction Documentation ServicesIncrease your returns on investment by outsourcing construction documentation services and drawing specifications. The followings are the advantages of your construction documentation outsourcing-
- End-to-end solutions
- 24X7 support and multi-site distribution of drawings
- Dedicated channels for transferring heavy images
- Reduced turnaround time for processes
- Flexible and tailor-made solutions for requirements
- Experienced and qualified team of professionals providing quality solutions