Converting Paper Drawings to CAD
“ Paper to CAD conversion includes converting paper drawings to comprehensive and accurate Computer Aided Designs that can be easily edited by various CAD software.“
Paper To CAD process
- Receiving drawings in JPEG, TIFF or any such format
- Maintaining the dimensions of the drawings
- Using standard blocks and attributes
- Converting paper drawings maintaining ID points
- Converting paper maps by poly line/L.F.X. method
- Converting paper maps by poly line arc method
- Plotting and checking of all files
- Engineering Document Management (EDM) and Product Data Management (PDM) systems can be employed to archive and manage CAD drawings
- CAD reduces the print time of electronic files and quickens retrieval of information
- High-quality drawings with accurate dimensions
- Lesser chance of damage or data loss
Conversion to File Format Type
- DWG – DWG is a binary file format used by AutoDesk AutoCAD. It can contain 2D or 3D objects and offers compression and a CRC check for internal data.
- DXF – Contour elevation plots in AutoCAD DXF format.
- JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group is a standard method of compression for photographic images.
- TIFF Group IV – Tagged Image File Format is a file format for mainly storing images, including photographs and line art.
- PDF- Portable Document Format is used for representing 2D documents in a device-independent and display resolution independent fixed-layout document format.
- CALS – CALS Raster file format is standard for the interchange of graphics data.
- PCX – PCX is an image file format developed by the ZSoft Corporation and became one of the first widely accepted DOS imaging standards, although its use has since been succeeded.
- BMP – BMP is a bitmapped graphics format and commonly used as a simple graphics file format on Microsoft Windows and OS/2
- SVF – Serial Vector Format used in boundary scan tests of electronics.
If you have any queries, please contact us!