Home Maintenance 101
Homes are more than brick and mortar; homes are our happy place. Like a family, a home also needs love and respect. For a long-lasting home, you need to pay attention to the needs of the home and keep an eye on things that might need occasional repair. We made a list of 15 essentials for home maintenance. Get in touch with our experts to know more about usE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
US: +1 (832) 476 8459
Canada: +1 (647) 478 5230
Query: Work with experts
- What part of the faucet needs to be replaced when you have a water leak?
- Should you run hot or cold water through your garbage disposal?
- How often should the moving parts of garage doors be oiled?
Every three months.
- Which part of the faucet needs to be cleaned every three to four months?
Aerator — the screen inside the end of the faucet.
- What will add color to the fire in your fireplace?
Throw in a handful of salt.
- How should your firewood be stored?
Away from your house and not directly on the ground.
- How often do forced-air furnace filters need to be changed?
Every three months during the heating season.
- What should you use to clean unpainted concrete floors?
A solution of 4 to 6 tablespoons of washing soda in a gallon of hot water.
- Can you clean hardwood floors with water?
If the floors have a polyurethane finish.
- What is the best polish for vinyl floors?
Water emulsion wax.
- When is basement condensation at its maximum?
In new homes – because gallons of water went into the concrete of basement walls.
- Why should noisy water pipes be fixed immediately?
The condition that causes noisy pipes may be accompanied by vibration which can cause fittings to loosen and leak.
- How often should your roof be inspected?
Every three years.
- At what temperature should your water heater be set?
120 degrees Fahrenheit
- What is a simple solution for dirty exterior windows?
A solution of equal parts vinegar and water or 3 tablespoons of denatured alcohol per quart of warm water. Use crumpled newspaper to avoid the lint left behind by paper towels.
Maximum Value. Achieved.