Converting Paper Drawings to CAD
“ Paper to CAD conversion includes converting paper drawings to comprehensive and accurate Computer Aided Designs that can be easily edited by various CAD softwares.“
Paper to CAD conversion includes converting paper drawings to comprehensive and accurate Computer Aided Designs that can be easily edited by various CAD softwares.
Paper To CAD process
- Receiving drawings in JPEG, TIFF or any such format
- Maintaining the dimensions ofthe drawings
- Using standard blocks and attributes
- Converting paper drawings maintaining ID points
- Converting paper maps by poly line/L.F.X. method
- Converting paper maps by poly line arc method
- Plotting and checking of all files
- Engineering Document Management (EDM) and Product Data Management (PDM) systems can be employed to archive and manage CAD drawings
- CAD reduces print time of electronic files and quickens retrieval of information
- High quality drawings with accurate dimensions
- Lesser chance of damage or data loss
Conversion to File Format Type
- DWG – DWG is a binary file format used by AutoDesk AutoCAD. It can contain 2D or 3D objects and offers compression and a CRC check for internal data.
- DXF – Contour elevation plots in AutoCAD DXF format.
- JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group is a standard method of compression for photographic images.
- TIFF Group IV – Tagged Image File Format is a file format for mainly storing images, including photographs and line art.
- PDF- Portable Document Format is used for representing 2D documents in a device-independent and display resolution independent fixed-layout document format.
- CALS – CALS Raster file format is standard for the interchange of graphics data.
- PCX – PCX is an image file format developed by the ZSoft Corporation and became one of the first widely accepted DOS imaging standards, although its use has since been succeeded.
- BMP – BMP is a bitmapped graphics format and commonly used as a simple graphics file format on Microsoft Windows and OS/2
- SVF – Serial Vector Format used in boundary scan tests of electronics.
If you have any queries, please contact us!