How Flying Drones Are Supporting the Infrastructure Construction Projects?
Sign up for our regular dose of informative blogs!
Did you want to know how Unmanned Aerial Vehicles(UAVs) are being used at construction sites with great efficiency? Read on to know more.
Table of Contents:
In recent times, the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) a.k.a. Drones have grown rather swiftly for various industrial and societal purposes. Drones were first introduced in the military, whereas now, drones are being widely used for video-recording not only at sports events and concerts but also for films and advertisements. Apart from these, multiple sectors have also identified methods to increase their efficiency in the field of concern. The Construction sector is one of them. Drones in the construction industry are not only useful for inspection of the site but also various other activities like land planning. Get in touch with our experts to know more about ArchitectureE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
US: +1 (832) 476 8459
Canada: +1 (647) 478 5230
Query: Work with experts
Transformation in Construction Processes because of UAVs
Drones are already being used in a regular basis at various construction sites and are efficiently supporting a long list of activities with the technological advancement being as it is now. A list of the activities they are supporting follows:
- Inspecting sites at minimum human effort – examination of areas marked as risky zones, and instant overview of the entire area, hence saving time and effort.
- Inspection of cranes and towers – The inspection of high buildings has been made easier with the introduction of drones in the construction sector.
- Site planning – overviews are obtained quickly to ensure an efficient planning.
- 360° view of the entire plot – a vivid experience to enhance the awareness of potential risks and also the orientation of the site.
Apart from these, drone usage in infrastructure and construction sector have gained popularity for the following factors:
- Marketing –HQ images and videos recorded by drones are used to combine with sensor data from the drones to increase accuracy and precision in creation and rendering of 3D BIM models. These tools are used widely to help the leaders of the community and clients assess the viability of a project. Apart from this, the created 3D BIM models are also used as visual representations of the planned project to attract clients.
- Surveys – Since the introduction of UAVs, surveying of land has turned efficient with a major boost to the cost-effectiveness. Renting expensive equipment and hiring a team of contractors to map out an area or property has been made obsolete by the use of drones in the construction sector. Benefits of drones in construction therefore make for an efficient and cost-effective planning without having to compromise with either quality or quantity of data.
Since the first introduction of drones in the military, UAVs have come a long way to play an integral part in our daily lives. Having already mentioned the weight that UAVs are pulling in construction projects, it is needless to say, it’s only the beginning of the 21st century. With our scientists and innovators propelling science the way they are, mechanical drones in engineering which ensure complete safety and higher efficiency in construction might not seem too far-fetched.
BluEntCAD is a leading name in the construction domain and we offer an array of construction designing, documenting and plan development services to our global clientele. We have a team of seasoned construction and technology professionals who blend their technical expertise along with their years of experience to deliver best-in-class services.